The humble begining of Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church date back to 1983. We are blessed to have such a lovely church home and in a location that we truly love.
- In the spring of 1983, a small group of men supported by their wives talked about starting a new Presbyterian church in the Seven Oaks/Irmo area that should have two goals: to stand for biblical truth and to be mission-minded.
- On a Sunday evening in June of 1983, a group of people gathered at Leaphart Elementary School on Piney Grove Road for the purpose of worshiping God. Hymnbooks were borrowed from First Presbyterian Church of Columbia and buckets from Kentucky Fried Chicken were used for the offering baskets. The next Sunday, it was announced that there would be a regular worship service and Sunday school held at that location.
- In the fall of 1983, the church authorized the purchase of 6.75 acres on St. Andrews Road which has been its official home. Then, the first worship service was held during Christmas of 1984
- A three story building was completed to house our Family Center and adult and youth education classrooms.
- The Great Hall, Youth Area, Worship & Arts Suite, and extensive renovations to the Sanctuary, Children’s Ministry area and staff offices were completed in August of that year