Trevin & Ruthie Hoot
Trevin and Ruthie met in Bulgaria as interns with MTW in 2012 and now God is leading them back to serve long term in the capital city of Sofia. They will be working alongside Bulgarian leadership seeking to strengthen an existing church plant by raising up leaders and growing the church through evangelism. Eventually, they will work to plant new churches in other areas of the city.
Trevin is originally from La Porte, Texas. After returning from Bulgaria in 2014 he moved to St. Louis, Missouri, to complete his M.Div. at Covenant Theological Seminary. Ruthie grew up in Austin, Minnesota. After leaving Bulgaria in 2013, she worked in St. Paul, Minnesota, as an R.N., and later as a traveling nurse. Trevin and Ruthie married in August 2016. Their daughter Noa was born in Sofia in July, 2019. She has very little experience as a missionary, but is eager to learn new things.
The Hoots are passionate to advance God’s kingdom throughout Bulgaria through evangelism and church planting. They long to see lives changed as people are reached with the gospel. Please consider joining their team to do God’s work in Bulgaria by committing to regular prayer and financial support.
Ruthie’s phone number: +359 882 481003
If you would like to send us mail, our address is:
Kv. Iztok, Block 154A
Et. 11, Apt. 42
- Please pray that God would give wisdom to the leaders of Nov Zhivot during this crisis and as we consider a new vision statement for the church.
- Pray for Trevin as he refocuses on language study. Please pray that God would give him time to invest in this.
- Please pray that the Lord will protect our family here and in the States.
- Please pray for us as we continue to adjust to the culture of Bulgaria, that God would give us insight, endurance, and loving hearts as we learn.
- Please pray for our church and our MTW team to have boldness and love to preach the Gospel without fear.
- Please pray that we can find another reliable babysitter for the summer so that Ruthie will be able to have time for focused language study.